I thought my first post of the New Year should have a few of my writing goals listed. In 2015, I hope to:
- Learn to write a more mainstream novel with softer themes than I'm used to tackling.
- Continue to hybrid publish my stories with tougher themes (the ones you guys seem to like).
- Encourage the novice writer (I don't use the word "aspiring," because if you're writing, you're a writer).
- Launch a metaphorical grenade through publishing's glass ceiling.
- Extend the same professional courtesy to other authors that I expect them to extend to me whether they do so or not. I don't have to look at them in the mirror, but I do have to respect myself.
- I will make no subtweets. If I know the individual well enough to talk to them, I will. Otherwise, I have no time to address anyone's behavior other than my own.
- However, the previous bullet point does not mean that I will tolerate bullshit, because I have a low tolerance for bullshit and snark in fans and authors. This means that I will remain silent until my ulcer starts to burn, then I will blow like the metaphorical grenade.
- I hope to produce one novel and two novellas in 2015. That's a big chunk of writing, so I'd better get started.
I'll be sending a new newsletter out early next week. For those who have subscribed, you'll get dibs on new projects for 2015 and the occasional contest and special offer.
For those of you who are doing your own thing: what are you waiting for? Go forth and conquer!